Based on the Bestselling History of Redemption Series Book 4, God’s Mysterious and Profound Providence (Genealogy of Jesus Christ from David to Exile in Babylon).
The fourth book in the History of Redemption Series by Rev. Abraham Park, “God’s Profound and Mysterious Providence: As revealed in the genealogy of Jesus Christ from the time of David to the Exile in Babylon” begins with accounts of King David and Solomon, then continues into the turbulent era of the divided kingdoms: the northern kingdom of Israel and the southern kingdom of Judah. Readers will discover why three kings and one queen was omitted from the second period of 14 generations in Jesus Christ’s genealogy in Matthew Chapter 1.
What you will learn:
- For the first time in human history, the years of reigns of the kings from northern Israel and southern Judah are meticulously organized by Rev. Dr. Park into an unprecedented chart which reveals the years of reigns of the kings and the hidden overlaps in co-regencies of several kings.
- 14 generations of kings in southern Judah are included in Jesus’ genealogy, but 4 pitiful generations of kings were omitted by God – find out why they were omitted!
- The duration of construction of Solomon’s Temple is revealed to be 6 years and 6 months and not the commonly miscalculated duration of 7 years and 6 months. Find out how the Bible proves this!
- Find out what valuable spiritual lessons Christians today can learn from the reigns and lives of the kings from the perspective of God’s administration for redemptive history, and how you can pass your faith down.
Speaker: Rev. Dr. Samuel Kim
Rev. Samuel Kim is currently serving as the Senior Pastor of Zion Church in Singapore, and lectures on the History of Redemption Book Series across the Asia Pacific.
A pastor deeply-rooted in the Word of the Bible and a fervent preacher of God’s redemptive message, Rev. Kim is also a member of the English translation team for Rev. Dr. Abraham Park’s History of Redemption Book Series.
- B.A., Religious Studies, Westmont College, USA
- M.Div., Reformed Theological Seminary, Korea
- D.Min., Knox Theological Seminary, USA